Small & Medium Businesses
AMS has worked with hundreds of small businesses – some of them quite large over the years. Whether you’re a settled business, setting up a new venture, or in need of solutions for complex business/tax issues, you will receive jargon free and practical advice from everyone at AMS.
Our first meeting will be an opportunity for you to see what we can offer - and we can also learn what you want to achieve with your business. Afterwards we will mail you a quote with a report confirming all aspects of our discussion, including ideas and thoughts about your business.
We can register your business with HMRC, Companies House (Limited Companies), for VAT, PAYE, or CIS as required. We can set up a Payroll, provide simple digital documents for record keeping, and if you move to us from another accountancy firm, we can handle all of the administration for you.
Standard Services – all included in your fee
- Complete Quarterly VAT Returns
- Simple digital documents for record keeping
- Produce annual accounts for Companies House
- Complete your Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- CIS Administration
- Tax and VAT planning
- Answer your routine tax and business queries
- Payroll - including ‘RTI’ submissions
- Annual review of your business and suggestions for tax efficiencies
- Carry out all admin if you move to AMS from your current accountant
- Review and if necessary, propose improvements for record keeping
- Tax planning - both personal and business
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Set up and monitor plans and budgets
- Set up a credit control system
- Management accounts - regular updates of profitability and cash position
- Monthly /quarterly variance accounts - comparing actuals to budgets /cash-flow forecasts Performance ratios and key performance indicators
- Represent you / your business in Tax Investigations
Creating Results for your Business
Whether you’re setting up or making changes to your business - it’s worthwhile to spend time with experienced planners. We will pursue all aspects of your business or idea - what, where, who, when and how. When you have an achievable ‘end result’ we will work with you on financial aspects of the plan. This process is a confidence boost and reality check for any business.
We will provide you with a written estimate or quote confirming the annual fee plus a report confirming what we understand about your business along with any suggestions for improvements if appropriate.
If the workload increases or decreases significantly, we will always contact you to review the fee and agree any changes.
Our method of payment is by monthly Direct Debit, which has the advantage of spreading costs.
We can also quote for one off jobs.
Contact us to arrange an initial appointment. We can meet during or outside business hours, either at your place of business or our offices in west Swindon (parking always available).