Supporting you to file your Self-Assessment Tax Return on time and avoid penalties.
We set up as tax return accountants for small businesses in 1985. Our service is prompt and easy to understand, and we’re happy to discuss what you need over the phone/email or at our offices.
You must submit a Self-Assessment Tax Return if any of the following apply to you:
- You are a Company Director
- You are a Sole Trader (Self-Employed)
- You or your partner receive or have income above £50,000 and receive Child Benefit
- You receive foreign income that is liable to UK Tax
- You are a recipient of investment income over £10,000
- Your annual income exceeds £100,000
- You are in receipt of rental income
- You have to pay Capital Gains Tax
We will discuss your business with you and then provide you with a simple form to complete and we will also provide you with any tax return help you might need.
Tax Return Service Fees
The fees below refer to Self-Assessment Tax Returns – for employed people, those with pensions and/or simple investment incomes.
- Before 15th June 2020 from £99 +VAT (early bird)
- 16th June – 31st October 2020 from £125+VAT
- 1st November – 31st December 2020 from £155+VAT
- 1st January 2021 onwards from £175+VAT
If you have a more complicated requirement; for instance, you let a property, you receive income from complex investments, or you are self-employed, please get in touch for a separate quote.
Please note this is a pre-payment service.
What to do next?
N.B. These are the fines imposed by HMRC for late Tax Returns:
- If you submit your Tax Return later than 31st January £100
- If 3 months late – £10 per day for up to 90 days
- If 6 months late – additional £300, or, if higher, 5% of tax due
- If 12 months late – a further £300, or, if higher, 5% of tax due
- If your Income Tax Return is 7 months late, the penalties will be at least £1,300 (£100 + £900 + £300)
We work with Small Businesses and Contractors who expect us to give good advice and help them save tax. Our library of 80+ short videos was produced in-house by us to help with all aspects of being in business and we are often praised for their simplicity on complicated matters.
We feel it’s important that we and our clients keep abreast of changes to tax law and advances in technology so we provide solid tax advice and help with bookkeeping. This includes support for people who are making the move to cloud accounting software.